Monday, December 6, 2010

MAC APP STORE vs GOOGLE EBOOKS STORE

before Mac app store launched.Google has launched their ebook store today. This new ebook store sort of tries to be a unified playground for all the ebook needs for tablets, PCs and ebook readers alike. The Kindle is obviously not part of this ecosystem because Amazon has its own format (amz) and does not support epub format which is a standard in most other ebook readers. I am a proud owner of the Barnes and Nobles’ Nook and I love reading books on it whenever I have time.
The cool thing about it is the ability to load books that you find from different places. Its support for a wide variety of formats is also a major selling point.
Google ebook store has support for the Nook and I can’t wait to use it. I find that Amazon has a wider selection of books when compared to B&N store or other ebook stores. The sad part is that you can read Amazon ebook only on Kindle software. It’s a good thing that I own an iPod touch which has a Kindle app and lets me read the books I buy on Amazon. I’m hoping that Google with their truck loads of money gets the publishers on board to sell their books in a format that is accessible to non-Kindle users. It is good to have competition and that can only mean good things for the consumers.
Description: MAC APP STORE vs GOOGLE EBOOKS STORE Rating: 4.5 Reviewer: dev ItemReviewed: MAC APP STORE vs GOOGLE EBOOKS STORE
 
 
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes